Source vendors and purchase indirect material associated with the production of automotive parts. Responsible for identifying & sourcing qualified primary and secondary suppliers. Research and compare prices from various suppliers and make cost effective purchase decisions. Assure that all orders conform to purchasing standard policies and procedures. Establish new parts in the tool crib as needed and maintain required inventory levels. Manage miscellaneous purchase requisitions.
· Minimum Associate Degree in related field and 2 years purchasing experience or 5+ years purchasing experience.
· Working knowledge of MRP systems.
· Proficient with MS Office.
· Good organizational and telephone communication skills.
· Attention to details.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Source vendors based on needs.
· Set up new suppliers as needed.
· Request quotes from suppliers and source alternative suppliers to optimize product quality, customer satisfaction and product cost.
· Develop and maintain contacts with new and existing suppliers.
· Create Purchase Orders in accordance with quality system guidelines as related to ISO TS 16949.
· Monitor and maintain required inventory levels.
· Maintain outstanding invoice levels at 30 days or less.
· Resolving transportation and receiving issues.
· Expedite material deliveries as needed.
· Manage MRP orders on a weekly basis to include new orders, past due, and expedited.
· Process automated tool crib requisition purchase orders.
· Manage miscellaneous purchase orders from internal departments.
· Communicate with production team members and managers.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Materials Manager.
· Uses computer workstation.
· Talks with team members.
· Using telephone, copier, scanner, fax and printer.