Perform all duties necessary, under the general direction of the Plant Manager to provide leadership with project management for new product development.
· BS Engineering Degree prefer Mechanical
· Minimum of five years in Project Management Experience including process development. Automotive Tier 1 or Tier 2 Preferred
· Must have managed multiple projects ranging $25K - $1million
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Extensive Microsoft Office Products
· Demonstrated Teamwork Experience
· Lead and coach technical staff to develop & maintain detailed project schedules using internal processes to include all project phases and dependencies including preliminary engineering, detailed design, material procurement, installation, pilot, and site acceptance.
· Coordinate the interfaces of all disciplines within Design Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations.
· Will oversee 4-8 Projects simultaneously ranging $25K $1million each
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
· Work with purchasing area to integrate key supplier schedules into project plan.
· Provide leadership for project teams to identify potential bottlenecks & resource constraints.
· Manage conflicts & demonstrate escalation when appropriate.
· Conduct project post mortems, identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and work with Engineering Management to improve product development process.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Project Work as assigned by Plant Manager
· Working at desk and walking in plant.
· Typing on computer.
· Standing/walking/sitting during 8 hour work day.