Currently, there is a unique position for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven Leader, located at our Decatur manufacturing facility in the Greater Huntsville area in North Alabama. As a key team member of the Technology organization, the Senior Production Engineer will serve as the subject matter and technical expert for the Adiponitrile (ADN) Production Unit. This role will have accountability to drive the ADN process to optimum performance through Six Sigma in the areas of energy and raw material usages. In addition, the candidate will provide support to the Technology pipeline by serving as a conduit between Manufacturing, Business Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Technology & Engineering, Procurement & Logistics, ESSH, Finance and IT organizations.
· Develop a collaborative working relationship with Site Leadership and the Manufacturing organization.
· Utilize Six Sigma and Operational Excellence principles to drive process to best demonstrated, Entitlement, performance in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality.
· Support the capital plan by serving as subject matter expert on project teams.
· Support testing and implementing of new Technologies.
Manager of Production Engineering
· Lead the development and implementation of process optimization and improvements in process safety and reliability.
· Provide support in the execution of technology programs that deliver break-through solutions to achieve entitlement performance.
· Effectively leverage process and equipment design skills
· Works closely with Manufacturing, Process, and Project Engineering organizations to deliver Plant performance and business goal.
· Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
· Can challenge decisions to ensure that processes are run within the appropriate technical envelope
· Actively supports the site & area safety programs via team participation (or leadership) in PHAs, LOPAs, MOC, PSM, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
· Provides technical counsel and re-direction as necessary to deliver planned performance
TEAM & INTERACTIONS
· Member of the Technology Production Engineering organization working closely with professionals in Process Technology, Project Engineering, Process Engineering, and Manufacturing organizations.
· Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineer
· 10+ years experience in the field of Petro-Chemical industry.
· Broad experience in chemical unit operations.
· Strong environmental, safety and health background with knowledge of PSM.
· Pulp & Paper experience is NOT desired. DO NOT SUBMITT
· Masters in Chemical Engineering an advantage
· Six Sigma Green Belt
· Proactive leadership and team-building skills with the ability to work effectively throughout the organization in a fast paced environment. Comfortable working in a matrix-structured reporting organization.
· A strong bias to act on facts and data driven logic to develop creative solutions.
· Working knowledge of Six Sigma to drive process improvements.
· Strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes.
· Solid interpersonal and organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills are required. This includes solid proficiency in MS Office and process simulators (e.g. Aspen, Arrow, Fathom, etc.)
· Demonstrated strong root cause analytical and corrective action skills are a plus.
· Previous work in process design and equipment design also a plus