Job Summary: Director of Global Operational Excellence
Director of OpEx will deploy strategy, initiatives, associated activities and roadmaps to drive scale and efficiency and better customer outcomes for our global business. This role will direct efforts within the leadership team to create transformative, comprehensive and self-sustaining operational excellence capabilities and become best in class for safety and delivery, improve quality, reduce waste, and maximize process performance within our operations and manufacturing functions. This will be accomplished by working in close collaboration with functional leaders across the organization to identify, prioritize and implement initiatives to improve productivity, quality, customer service and/or reducing costs and complexity for our operations. The Director of OpEx will lead teams to embrace new practices, encourage all to lead with a process-thinking mindset and promote best practice sharing across facilities. These best practices will be implemented in a way that empowers employees and creates a high level of personal accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop safety strategy to drive improvement by analyzing data and creating process
· Create and implement strategy to drive efficiency and increase performance through standardization
· Leads process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives
· Develop system to share best practices identified
· Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that provides operational support to TNW businesses
· Provides strong leadership through strategic training, coaching, project management and effective facilitation of transformation process and events
· Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures, etc.
· Trains, coaches and develops their team to be strong partners of operations
· Partners with operations to identify areas of process improvement and execute production projects and best practices
· Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application.
· Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
· Lead the development, deployment, and measurement of operations programs across TNW’s support functions including manufacturing, operations, supply chain, and support.
· In partnership with IT, lead the development, deployment, and measurement of related transformative programs across TNW’s operations functions.
· Continually challenge the status quo and persistently dig for improvement opportunities and lead/develop team to do the same.
· Establish a passion for operational excellence within operations programs, with a focus on business transformation.
o Identify and capture business needs/opportunities through communication with stakeholders
o Drive innovation with respect to system, process and technology improvements.
o Recognize operational issues/challenges and recommend pragmatic solutions.
· Manage large, complex programs that will accelerate operational, productivity and customer experience improvements across the organization.
· Promote the value of operational excellence across the organization and create demand for the benefits of this discipline within key functions.
o With a strong understanding of, and aptitude for, contingency planning, change management and communication to successfully navigate to desired outcomes with minimal impact to ongoing business objectives.
· Set direction and provide frameworks through which operational objectives can be delivered.
· Support functional areas in facilitating the identification, implementation and tracking of company-wide operations programs.
· Oversee the development and presentation of project business cases.
· Ensure approved projects are managed effectively to completion – on-time, within budget, desired scope, with planned benefits attained.
· Collaborate and drive change at every level & function in the organization:
o Positively influence all managers to ensure that operational excellence activities receive the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement solutions.
o Assist functional areas in identifying key metrics and validating savings related to automation and process improvements.
o Serve as facilitator and champion for operational excellence across the company. Coach, mentor and support colleagues in achievement of initiatives and targets.
o Create effective working relationships with fellow team members and internal partners, measured through observation, metrics and feedback.
· Responsible for ensuring that department understands and complies with quality standards and requirements as documented.
· Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
· Must be able to work extended hours when required
· All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 15+ years of industry experience with nine years of management experience
· Minimum five years project management experience
· Demonstrated experience in creating or improving safety system or culture
· Master’s degree preferred
· Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing Program Experience preferred.
· Green to Black Belt Six Sigma or Lean expert certification preferred
· Competent presentation and interpersonal skills meeting the needs of all levels within the organization up to and including the executive management team.
· Expertise in Lean, Six Sigma and Reliability Engineering
· Proven hands-on experience facilitating global, cross-cultural businesses
· Demonstrated experience sustaining kaizen-based improvements over multiple years
· Strong analytical skills and demonstrated data and fact-based problem-solving skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Travel 50 – 75%
1. Drive for Results
2. Creative Problem Solving
3. Customer Focus
5. Interpersonal Relationships