The Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective leadership and operational success of the Service Department. The manager will provide both strategic and tactical guidance, to achieve financial, operational and growth objectives, while keeping customer satisfaction a key priority.
• Service Leadership & Team Development:
o Responsible for the operational & financial performance of the divisions service department, with a strong focus on operational leadership, business growth and continuous improvement. o Work collaboratively with branch manager/ general manager in planning annual department goals, headcount needs and growth projections.
o Partner with Human Resources to recruit, train, develop, and retain service technicians.
o Provide guidance on new employee training and periodic reviews of performance. Handle employee disciplinary actions when necessary. Motivate and track employee continued development and training.
o Collaborate with other support teams to ensure optimal operations of all Service Department functions.
o Coordinate and manage regular meetings for the service team to ensure thorough and effective communication to service employees, allowing for a collaborative team environment. o Ability to build a high-performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively.
o Ensure that all Service Department team members are appropriately mentored, professionally developed and that their performance is regularly reviewed. • Customer Relationship Management:
. • Service Operations: o Ensure all service, inspection, testing, and maintenance contracts are reviewed, tasked, scheduled, and executed to meet the customer needs.
o Ensure that required employees are correctly charging their time to assigned jobs so that all jobs are costed appropriately.
o Work within scheduling/invoicing platform to ensure all service and repair calls are scheduled properly, and resulting invoices are generated in a timely and accurate manner.
o Monitor and ensure that Service Department team members are up to date on required certifications.
• Health & Safety:
o Commit to a culture of Safety and work with Safety partners to ensure employees have the required tools and PPE for the work being conducted. o Establish quality control measures, conduct inspections, and ensure compliance with fire and life safety regulations and best practices.
o Other duties as assigned. Requirements: Education, Licensure & Certifications:
• NICET Level III in related fire protection systems preferred. Experience:
• 10 yrs. experience in service, testing and inspections of fire protection systems preferred. This includes Fire Alarms, Fire Sprinklers, Special Hazards, and Suppression Systems.
• Experience with NFPA standards and local codes. Knowledge, Skills, Capabilities: • Effective Communication – Concise, clear, and direct in both written and verbal communication
. • Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
. • Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Job Prioritization – Identify the top priority and adjust accordingly by rescheduling and communicating with customer, sales rep, and technician.
• Task Oriented – Ability to manage and follow through with multiple ongoing tasks at one timeApply